Thanks to everyone who came to share their views and opinions at our exhibition this week. All feedback is valued and appreciated.
For those of you who weren’t able to attend, or who would like to take another look at the proposals, the displays presented at the event are now available to download here…
Iconic Leisure Exhibition Displays
Today was the first day of our public consultation exhibition at Loch Lomond Shores. It has been great to meet, and receive all feedback from the members of the public who visited.
We hope to see many more of you tomorrow (Saturday 18th November) between 9.30am and 1.30pm.
The start of the 12 week official Consultation process was activated on the 6th of October. We have in the last 2 weeks been agreeing much of the detail within the notice with LLTNP to make sure it has all the requirements that they set out. Please find below a copy of the official notice of the consultation dates and venue.
We hope through the course of the consultations that we can reach as many people as we can, not only those in the adjoining communities but further afield.
You are invited to view and comment on the proposed tourism and leisure led mixed use development at West Riverside and Woodbank House, Balloch by Flamingo Land Resorts Ltd and Scottish Enterprise.
Representatives will be pleased to discuss the emerging proposals and respond to any queries/comments.
The event provides an opportunity to submit your views and comments for the consideration of our planning advisors (Peter Brett Associates) alternatively these can be submitted by post or email before Friday 15th December 2017.
Public exhibitions will be held at Unit 7, Loch Lomond Shores, Ben Lomond Way, Balloch, G83 8QL
Friday 17th November from 1.30pm – 7.30pm
Saturday 18th November from 9.30am-1.30pm
Monday 4th December from 1.30pm -7.30pm.
We will provide additional details via this blog, alternatively information on this event can obtained from Peter Brett Associates (PBA), 2nd floor, 160 West George Street, Glasgow G2 2HG. Tel. 0141 352 2360. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to submitting an application for planning permission, we will shortly be undertaking a public consultation process, to ensure the material considerations and local aspirations regarding the site and its future development are determined, with the reassurance that any future planning application reflects and respects the views of the local community including those of a more technical nature provided by respective consultees and agencies.
One of the key considerations of the consultation process will be to host local public exhibition events to introducing the site and our initial proposals for development.
Details confirming dates and venue of the exhibitions will be released on this website as well as being advertised in the local press.
The purpose of this page is to keep you up to date on where we are and what the next steps will be.
Scottish Enterprise advertised seeking developer interest for the Sale of a 44 acre Commercial Development site at West Riverside, Balloch in June 2015.
Flamingo Land submitted development proposals and was selected as the preferred bidder in June 2016 with the project working title of “Iconic Leisure Development.
We have come a long way all be it in the background since this date and have been working in the following areas and have been required to carry out site investigations and surveys of the site, here are some examples of the works we have commissioned:
- Topographical Survey and Mature Tree Location Survey; including a GPR Survey
- Utilities – general – preliminary enquiries on capacity, development demands, points of connection and required reinforcements to networks.
- Utilities – existing oil pipelines – investigation and clarification of pipeline positions and restrictions
- Ground Conditions and Mineral investigations including gas monitoring, soils classification etc.
- Topographical Survey including Mature Tree Location Survey;
- Tree & Woodland Survey – Recording tree condition assessment, species details, age structure, management and retention value
- Ecological Survey – classify site habitats identifying direct evidence of, or suitable habitat for, protected species including otters, water voles, red squirrels, badgers and bats
- Ecology,Water, Cultural Heritage, Landscape and visual, Noise and Air.
Access/Transport assessments including general access movement review including traffic surveys and speed surveys
- Assessment of any heritage/Archaeological restraints.
- Landscape & Visual Appraisal to provide baseline information on landscape characteristics, spatial qualities, review of topography, woodland and buildings
- Structural assessment of existing buildings.